Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yeah...I didn't fall!!

I want to start of by saying a personal thank you to the person who made a generous donation. It was such a pleasant surprise when I checked the account balance. That definitely brought a smile to my face. Thank you!

Today I did some cross-training and instead of running 6 miles, I rollerbladed about 12. My roommates and I were all home at the same time which never really happens. So we decided to go to rollerblade together. Well...they were going more leisurely and I wanted to go faster to put in a good work out. They ended up just going around Lake Harriet and taking a dip in the water. I proceeded to go to Lake Calhoun and I ended up going around it 2 times. I was on a roll. I felt like I was flying! However, I was a little in pain towards the end because I could feel a blister coming on strong. It is just a little bitty one so I think I'll be ok. I'm most thankful that I didn't fall. I'm not very good at using my brakes and it freaks me out when I reach the bumps at the end of a sidewalk. I always feel like I'm going to fall flat on my face and make a fool of myself in front of traffic. How embarrassing. I was lucky this time and made it home in one piece. Now I have two days of rest and I sunday I will run 8 miles. I hope it is a nice day. Wish me luck. Please keep on checking the blog because I will still be posting information to keep you all up to date. Thank you for your support. I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!
Much love,
Lacy

No comments: