Sunday, July 6, 2008

Third week of training...DONE!! Lots more to go!

I had a very lazy Sunday today. I hope all of you did as well. It's going to be hard to go back to work this week. Anyway, it was so hot and humid today that I decided to run later in the evening. I never would of made it if I ran in the dead heat of the afternoon. It was like a sauna outside. When I got home from a great weekend with my family, I unpacked my stuff and headed out for a run. It was still quite steamy at 7pm, but there was a tiny breeze that kept me going. I had a lot on my mind during my run, so it actually went by pretty fast. I usually don't stop for water, but I had to this time because of the heat. I was parched! The best part of my run was at the end when I decided to take a dip in Lake Harriet. I took off my shoes and socks, but went in with all of my running gear. I got some strange looks, especially when I walked home all soaking wet but I didn't care because that felt darn good! I wasn't really feeling like running today and I was even thinking about going tomorrow instead, but when I do something for my dad I get a whole new motivation. I don't want to let him down. So I'm happy to say now that I did it and I definitely could feel him at my side pushing me along.

I want to say thank you to John Wilson who left a comment in my last post. Your message was so very sweet. It warms my heart that somebody I've never met is moved by my story and wants to donate to the cause. Your support is so deeply appreciated. Thanks again to both you and your daughter and I'm so sorry for your loss. Your wife is definitely shining through your hearts.

Much love,
Lacy

No comments: