Sunday, July 27, 2008

6th week of training...FINISHED!!

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because I was once again running all over the place. I met my friends from church early in the morning and we carpooled down to the Mayo clinic in Rochester where a dear friend of ours is being treated for cancer. He is such an amazing man for God and it tears at my heart to see him in this position. Anxiety tends to take over me whenever I enter into hospitals now and I become very short of breath. However, that all went away when I saw Donnie and was able to sit at his side and hold his hand. It did kind of feel like dejavu becauseI did the same with my dad everyday when he was in the hospital, but having his hand in mine calmed my heart and that whole time I felt my dad so close. Donnie was having a good day and he even took a little walk in the morning, which is a huge step for him. He also cracked some jokes here and there and showed us his beautiful smile. His pain and suffering has definitely taken a toll on his spirits, but he is a man of much faith and that has really carried him through. He is definitely a light for God's mercy. However, it's easy for me see God working through him being that I'm on the outside, but I'm sure it's beyond scary and painful to be him and enduring so much suffering. It isn't fair to see such a good man going through this, but God makes miracles happen and I trust that He has a great plan for Donnie. The love that they share will prevail. I ask all of you to pray along with me that Donnie continues to seek the Lord whenever it becomes too much for him to handle. I pray that he will feel and see God's love so near and ride on His wings through all of this. Also, pray for his wife Linda who is walking through this pain with him and stands by his side everyday. Pray that she feels God's love giving her strength and hope.

I woke up early today and met my friend Michelle at her place to do a 10 mile run together. Michelle has done several marathons and she definitely knows what she is doing. It will definitely be great to have her at my side helping to keep me going. I feel so blessed! Thanks Michelle! Anyway, our other friend Megan who is an awesome runner decided that she wanted to come with us. That made me nervous and I right away told her that I most likely won't be able to keep up with her the whole time. He he! The three of us, along with Michelle's pitbull dog, headed out into the hot and sticky weather and started out strong. It was a beautiful run and when I started to feel exhausted I would just praise God for blessing me with health to do this and called on my dad to keep on pushing me through. Their love never fails me because we kept up our pace and finished 10 miles in less than 1 1/2 hours. I was very impressed! Thank you Michelle and Megan for running with me today!

I do want to ask that you pray for me as well, because eventhough I finished the 10 miles I am now feeling much pain in my hips. Please pray that God will give me wisdom on how to remedy my pain. It will be great to rest tomorrow and I think that I'm going to purchase some new running shoes. Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers. You all definitely help me to keep on going!

Much love,
Lacy

No comments: