Friday, July 25, 2008

Cross-training is such a relief!!

I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to be able to get in my long bike ride today, but the rain went away just in time. It was quite muggy out and I sure was sweating up a storm, but it felt great! I love biking! I truly feel like I'm flying and that I could go for miles and miles and miles! It is like I get lost in space, especially when I'm rocking out to Spanish music! He he!! I'm glad that I have decided to incorporate cross-training into my schedule. It really does add for more relief to my knees and hips from all the impact. I actually feel more energized for my long runs on Sundays when I have done cross-train as a previous work out.

I want to say you to my sister, my step-mom, Lisa Spencer and Abby Webb for their comments regarding the t-shirt. Abby, it is so great to hear from you and thank you for following my blog. I truly appreciate you letting me know about the hyphen. I can't believe I've been spelling it wrong this whole time (Creutz-feldt Jakob disease =Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease). I think I got that from the way I was pronouncing it. Strange! Anyway, thank you and I have already sent a message to Holly asking her to change it on both sides of the t-shirt and I even corrected the spelling on my blog as well. Thank you also to my step-mom and Lisa Spencer who mentioned that "father" should be replaced with "loved one" so that others who are interested can purchase a shirt and continue to spread the word. That is a great idea! I was actually thinking of doing the same before, but I was holding off to do so until I host a 5k walk/run for CJD either next year or the following year. Better now than later...right? I already sent an email off to Holly to see if she would be willing to make the change and work with me to get lots of t-shirts printed for people to purchase. I don't know if many of you are runners, but maybe we could even get it to say "I walk for CJD". What do you think? I'd appreciate your comments and ideas.

Also, I checked the benefit account balance today and it definitely made my day to see that a generous donation was given. Thank you so much to that gracious person for standing behind me to help fight this horrible disease. Your thoughtfulness is so very much appreciated!

Much love,
Lacy

No comments: